[darwinbuild] Custom flags and PB Projects

Shantonu Sen ssen at opendarwin.org
Thu Feb 9 07:32:48 PST 2006

darwinbuild creates a symboled version by default. Look in the
"Symbols" directory at the top level of your build area. It should
have something like:
[ssen at stargate]$ nm -ap Symbols/bootp/bootpd  | grep SO |  grep bootp
| head
00002288 - 01 0000    SO /SourceCache/bootp/bootp-133.6/bootpd.tproj/
00002288 - 01 0000    SO bootpd.m
00000000 - 00 0000   SOL bootpd.m
00000000 - 00 0000   SOL bootpd.m
00000000 - 00 0000   SOL ../bootplib/netinfo.h

-g is the same as -ggdb on Mac OS X. What you are most likely seeing
is the fact that after linking, the final product is stripped and a
copy of the *un*stripped binary put in the SYMROOT.

Where are you modifying the source? To build modified source, untar
the source directory in Sources/, make your changes there, and then
re-run darwinbuild

Shantonu