[darwinbuild] Re: LibSecurity Keychain

Kevin Van Vechten kevin at opendarwin.org
Thu Jan 19 13:00:35 PST 2006

On Jan 19, 2006, at 12:34 PM, John Cebasek wrote:

> When you say "you will also need to build the Security framework",
> that's just
>
> darwinbuild Security
>
> isn't it?

Yes.

> I'm getting an error in the log (sorry, it's on my Mac, and I'm on
> a wintel box now) where it's failing during linking:
>
> ld: Can't open /AppleInternal/Developer/seg_addr_table for -
> seg_addr_table /AppleInternal/Developer/seg_addr_table (No such
> file or directory...
>
> Obviously, that's a i386 thing, and I'm building on my PPC Mac.

Not a i386 thing, actually.  Apparently DarwinBuild is missing some
dependency information, so I'll have to look into that.  You can work
around this by manually typing the following command:

# darwinbuild -load OrderFiles

Which will install the /AppleInternal/Developer/seg_addr_table file
into the BuildRoot.

> Can we completely build Security?

Unfortunately the Security team hasn't fully-factored all of the
open / closed sources pieces out, so it is usually necessary to patch
Security.

The easiest way to do this is to grab the plist from one of the
OpenDarwin releases (choose any one of the curl commands below that
corresponds to the build you're working with currently).  You can re-
init the directory you already have, you won't need to throw anything
away or start over.  When you build with the OpenDarwin plist,
patches are automatically applied to make the build succeed.

# curl -O http://release.opendarwin.org/release/8.4.1/plists/
8G32od1.plist
# curl -O http://release.opendarwin.org/release/8.3.1/plists/
8F46od1.plist