Restructuring Python ports?

Akira Kitada akitada at macports.org
Fri Jan 2 02:17:36 PST 2009

I prefer the way how python26 is built now to python25's, mostly
because it eliminated the need to specify
"depends_lib-append port:py25-hashlib port:py25-zlib" again and again...

I'm so happy with it and really hate the way it was in python25,
and that's why I wanted it to be propagated to other versions of python,
even it breaks the existing ports. (To me they are already broken in
different way)

I think it's safe to drop "bsddb", "sqlite3", "tkinter" and  "gdbm",
just as in FreeBSD Port system, though.