Various questions

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 08:39:28 PST 2009

--On 30 January 2009 15:25:40 +0100 "C. Florian Ebeling"
<florian.ebeling at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jean-Michel,
>
>> * How to become MacPorts maintainer. I checked out the SVN tree. I would
>> like to apply for maintenance of sox, mlt, gavl, frei0r, ladspa-sdk and
>> kdenlive. Please contact me if you need my SSH pub key. I manage
>> kdenlive.org website and you don't have to worry.
>
> The official version of the project rules are in the guide:
> http://guide.macports.org/#project.contributing

Ah, this'll be a spur to action for me.

A couple of years ago, I acquired the handle ianeiloart at macports.org
However, I was never able to get logged in to trac. That problem seems to
have gone away. I've also noticed that there is no longer a maintainer for
the "exim" port, which is my main interest.

Does having the handle mean that I have commit rights?

Is there a beginners guide to making a commit for a single portfile?

If that last question doesn't scare anyone, can I become maintainer of the
mail/exim and mail/mailman ports, please? I'd also like to create ports for
libspf2 and dkim libraries.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex