[GSoC-2010] UX improvements

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Sat Mar 13 07:11:05 PST 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 07:35, Pratul Kalia <pratul at pratul.in> wrote:

> - Doing a port search does not show if the listed packages are installed or not

In addition to "search", installed packages would also be useful to
see when running "deps" or "info".  Using color for this could help by
highlighting either installed or missing ports.
It could be useful to highlight a dependency or searched port that
conflicts with a currently installed port.  I don't know if this case
ever comes up where an alternate isn't available.

Integrating port_cutleaves and port-rdeps may also be beneficial.
Specifically, I think it's already been brought up that MP should
track manually installed ports to aid in removing unneeded
dependencies.  MP can already list port dependencies, why not
recursive dependencies?  Recursive dependents would also be useful.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp eabb6fe6 d47c500f b2458f5d a7cc7abb f81c4e00