Atlas problem when cleaning and rebuilding [was: Re: Poppler error]

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Thu Dec 1 02:41:42 PST 2011

Hi there,

> but it is hanging since quite a few minutes at this point:
> $ sudo port upgrade outdated
> --->  Computing dependencies for atlas
> --->  Fetching archive for atlas
> --->  Attempting to fetch atlas-3.9.47_0+gcc44.darwin_11.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/atlas
> --->  Fetching atlas
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for atlas
> --->  Extracting atlas
> --->  Applying patches to atlas
> --->  Configuring atlas
> --->  Building atlas

Building Atlas can take a long long time (up to ~ 6/7 hours) depending on your processor type. So don’t be too in a hurry.
I’m currently working on the next version (3.9.54) but it fails during the configuration phase. On the other hand, llvm/clang 3.0 arrives, with AVX support, so it might make sense to postpone atlas 3.9.54 until llvm 3.0 release.

Il mondo che Atlas porta è un pò complesso ;)
Buona giornata ciononostante !
Vincent