CMake and Fortran compiler

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:33:05 PST 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 01:45, Chris Jones wrote:

> Your error below is the mesa/glew X11 problem I mentioned. You need to either install root without the opengl variant enabled (so if you already have an older root installed with it, uninstall and reinstall) or reinstall your flew with the +x11 variant.

Thank you. In the meantime installation with gcc44 (since the only
gfortran I have comes from there) and with default options otherwise
suceeded.

But if I understand it right - when using llvm-gcc/g++ there is
probably no chance to find a fortran compiler unless the user
installed some "broken third party" variant? Is it OK to have llvm-gcc
set as default compiler without any attempt to provide some
alternative for fortran?

(Ideally I would prefer Qt to X11, so I will also try that one.)

Out of curiosity: are there any plans to switch to CMake-based installation?

Did you attempt to send some of your patches to Root developers, so
that users building outside of MacPorts still have a chance to build
it out of the box?

And what is the state of Fortran in CMake? Is it possible to build
Root with CMake without having to set an explicit FC?

I'm also having another slightly weird issue in Root if I play a bit
with CMake settings:

CMake Error: The inter-target dependency graph contains the following
strongly connected component (cycle):
  "Cint_static" of type STATIC_LIBRARY
    depends on "IOSENUM_H" (strong)
  "IOSENUM_H" of type UTILITY
    depends on "cint_tmp" (strong)
  "cint_tmp" of type EXECUTABLE
    depends on "Cint_static" (weak)
At least one of these targets is not a STATIC_LIBRARY.  Cyclic
dependencies are allowed only among static libraries.

but that may just as well be my own error during my tests.

Mojca