[MacRuby-devel] PBI - MacRuby aux Fines Merbs...

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 08:19:58 PST 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 4:31 PM, Matt Aimonetti wrote:

> One thing the "cowboys", from Rails for instance, have done right
> is that there are tests for almost everything,
> which is something that is seriously lacking atm imo.
>
> Rails testing suite is in a very sad state,

Definitely not going to argue with you on this ;)

> however I do agree with you, and I'll go further, we also need a
> test harness for developed apps. However, Laurent is working on
> macruby on his own and the same thing goes for Rich and HotCocoa. I
> guess we need to hear from them about what we can do to help them out.

I have been writing RubyCocoa apps with (almost) full coverage since a
long time,
all my findings/hacks/helpers have gone into Rucola.

As such, I totally agree with you about having apps with a test suite.
But since there's so much work to do on this subject my priority for
now would be to have a test suite for HotCocoa first,
so everyone can dive in and start hacking.

- Eloy