[MacRuby-devel] http://www.macruby.org/trac/wiki/MacRubyDifferences

Jakub Suder jakub.suder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 07:43:53 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Rich Morin <rdm at cfcl.com> wrote:
> I tidied up the format of Jakub Suder's posting, but I suspect that
> some of the content is now out of date.  Corrections solicited!

Two comments:

1) "ib_outlets doesn't work; only ib_outlet does" -> recently I ran
one example on the newest version (0.3), and I got such messages in
the console:

warning: ib_action has been deprecated, please define methods with
only one argument instead. If you want IB support, the argument must
be named 'sender' to appear in IB.
warning: ib_outlet has been deprecated, please use attr_writer instead

So it seems that ib_outlet, ib_outlets and ib_action are all going
out, and are replaced by standard attr_writer and standard methods
with sender parameter.

2) "Currently, IB doesn't understand classes that use the new
parameter syntax (...) this is already on their buglist."

>From http://www.macruby.org/post/macruby-03/:
"We also support Interface Builder in this release. You can define
classes, outlets and actions in a MacRuby Xcode project and they will
automatically appear in Interface Builder. We have a new Ruby metadata
parser that works for both RubyCocoa and MacRuby files. The parser is
written in MacRuby and uses the amazing ripper extension that comes
with it to extract the parser tokens."

Regards,
Jakub Suder