[MacRuby-devel] testing macruby/hotcocoa apps

Alex Vollmer alex.vollmer at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:45:01 PDT 2009

On May 11, 2009, at May 11, 11:18 PM, Matt Aimonetti wrote:

> Before I get too excited, I'd like to hear what you guys think and
> what you believe you need to write better code?

I love the concept, but have often found UI testing tools to be
lacking. I think that's because in the past I was always hoping to
write *unit*-tests for UIs which near-impossible to do without simply
re-asserting the implementation (which makes for a terrible unit-
test). Having seen the approach taken by Cucumber I'm more hopeful
that this would get some traction. Hell, even to have something that
would step through all the little manual scenarios automatically would
be a great tool to have.

So, yeah, Matt. I'm all for it!

—Alex

----