[MacRuby-devel] Experimental branch status

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Thu May 28 21:35:40 PDT 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 8:15 PM, Giampiero De Ciantis wrote:

> Btw, if you were to pick one thing that you would say "I wish
> someone in the community would do <insert item here>" what would
> that item be? I have been trying to see where I can contribute, but
> I haven't participated in an open source project before and I don't
> want to waste other people's and my own time doing something of low
> value.

I'm not Laurent, but I do have a list of such things:

1. Volunteers to help maintain the web site and handle "PR" when the
project's primary developers are busy doing other things (like hacking
on code).  Sometimes that might involve collating/reporting on MacRuby-
related developments in the MacRuby blog, since what's a blog without
regular entries, and other times that might involving sending folks
like Laurent and/or Rich messages on a semi-regular basis, encouraging
them to provide a quick list of status bullets which the volunteers
can then format and edit appropriately for the web site, again sparing
the primary developers some of the admin work (and serving as their
alarm clock to provide information to the masses :).

2. Writing tutorials / sample code for MacRuby, since anyone who's new
to the project needs a place to start.

3. Writing RSpecs for MacRuby.

4. Reporting bugs, writing docs, providing words of encouragement,
etc. :)

- Jordan