[MacRuby-devel] Supported classes & methods diagram fed from rubyspec

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Oct 1 23:23:50 PDT 2009

Hi Ben,

That sounds like a good idea and looks like what I had in mind.

I was thinking of having a status page, that shows hitlist items
(critical bugs / things to do for the upcoming release), some rubyspec
progress, a link to the latest nighty build, etc.

The hitlist thing could be generated from a local file from the
repository. We currently use TODO for that.

We wrote a special mspec formatter in order to know what percentage of
a given spec category we do pass. But having a more detailed view
(classes / methods as you suggested) might be more interesting, this
way we know on what class / method to focus in priority. Assuming that
the mspec formatter is altered a little bit, this information could
also be generated after a spec:ci pass.

Is that what you had in mind?

I guess the challenge here is to write a program that generates a
Webby page for our website, commit it to the repository every time a
change is made, then we would re-deploy the site right after.

Laurent