[MacRuby-devel] [ANN] The Flying Camera (game)

Thomas R. Koll info at ananasblau.com
Tue Dec 14 10:12:58 PST 2010

Hai,

I hope it's okay to show off with our little game on the mailinglist.
Over the weekend we participated in a contest at the Super Gamedev Weekend
at the metalab[1] in Vienna.
Against the hard competition of games developed in Objectiv-C (for the iPad),
pygame, HTML, Flash and even C++ (the only team who couldn't finish)
our game in MacRuby did beat them all.
Well, not in voting category "Fun" (who needs that in a game?),
but in "Theme" (it was Black&White) and it took the win in the
final round of voting on "overall impression".

We used MacRuby and OpenGL, we didn't manage to draw any fonts, the fullscreen
mode is not reliable and the Release build seems to work on if one has macruby installed.
But all in all we are happy with the weekend's work :)
I hope you like it and if you find a way to put some fun into it, go ahead.

https://github.com/Metalab/The-Flying-Camera

ciao, tom

[1] http://metalab.at a hackerspace, visit us if you are ever in tow.