[MacRuby-devel] status and prospects of HotCocoa?

Gary Weaver gary.weaver at duke.edu
Thu Jun 10 11:05:29 PDT 2010

These posts are a bit old now but:

Lots of examples linked to in this:
* http://stufftohelpyouout.blogspot.com/2010/03/hotcocoamacruby-links.html

Some lame stuff I did in a few days:
*
http://stufftohelpyouout.blogspot.com/2010/02/hotcocoa-app-to-track-time-on-tasks.html
*
http://stufftohelpyouout.blogspot.com/2010/02/create-custom-icon-of-your-hotcocoa-app.html
*
http://stufftohelpyouout.blogspot.com/2010/02/create-macruby-hotcocoa-app.html

This helped me get started in addition to the tutorial:
* http://isaac.kearse.co.nz/2010/02/01/packaging-hotcocoa/
(note: Isaac provided a patch to MacRuby to help with the file size thing)

The current story I think is that Rich Kilmer:
http://wiki.github.com/richkilmer/hotcocoa/
got pulled into other things and didn't have much time to keep it going,
so others have forked it I think:
http://github.com/richkilmer/hotcocoa/network

Dan Sinclair had the most recent work on his branch of it but that was
last updated March 23, 2010:
http://github.com/dj2/hotcocoa

I'm hoping Rich, Dan, and everyone else that is interested will continue
work on it. It was pretty cool!

Gary