[Xquartz-dev] Crash help request

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Apr 12 16:46:48 PDT 2008

Hello all... I'm trying to take care of the random crash that has been
reported to occur with inkscape, gimp, and IDL.

I've seen some similarities between these crashes, and someone has
reported to me that the following will reliably trigger the crash:

x11perf -seg100c1
x11perf -seg100c2
x11perf -seg100c3

I've been running all three inside an infinite loop:

while true ; do
	x11perf -seg100c1
	x11perf -seg100c2
	x11perf -seg100c3
done

for the past 16 hours and haven't crashed.  I've been doing this on
both my powermac and my MacBook Pro with 2.2.0_rc5.

Can I get some feedback from some of you out there.  Can you please
try running those x11perfs.  Are they reliably crashing anybody's
X11?  If so, can I get a backtrace and some info about your system and
how frequently these trigger the crash (every time, one in 20 times,
etc).

This is probably the most reported crash with Xquartz, so it is now at
the top of my shortlist.

Thanks so much.
Jeremy