[Xquartz-dev] xauth and path

xquartz-dev.5.mzs at spamgourmet.com xquartz-dev.5.mzs at spamgourmet.com
Sun Apr 13 06:15:15 PDT 2008

Hi,

I just noticed (with 2.2.0_rc4) that when I ssh and forward the DISPLAY I
get a warning message such as this:

Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.

I thought this was fixed a long time back, in fact looking through the
X11-users list I see these messages:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/x11-users/2007//Nov/msg00537.html
http://lists.apple.com/archives/x11-users/2007//Nov/msg00554.html
http://lists.apple.com/archives/x11-users/2007//Nov/msg00574.html

I honestly don't know if this has ever been fixed, I ussually have a very
long notice to users I need to present and so it is back in the scroll
buffer.

Another odd thing is that my PATH inside an xterm ends like so:

...n:/sbin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11/bin

This is probably just me being stupid in some dot file but I am just
throwing this out there just in case. I ussually start X11 by doing an
xlsclients inside of Terminal.app. Maybe the PATH would be right if I
double-clicked on the X11.app icon instead. I am pretty sure it is some
dot file of mine and I'll figure it out but Jeremy said he wanted feedback
quick so he can just check it ut if his PATH is okay.

mzs