[Xquartz-dev] Xquartz-1.3.0-apple16

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Apr 16 22:45:54 PDT 2008

I have fixed two bugs in Xquartz which trigger crashes.  One led to
the nedit crash in the 1.4 branch (and I backported the fix to 1.3).
The other was from RootlessReorderWindow() being run by thread 0 (http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz/ticket/87
).

If you've been having crashes in damageBlah, fbBlah, and rlBlah or the
crash in thread 0, please try installing the latest build of Xquartz.
This means users of gimp and inkscape, please beat this with a stick,
and let me know how it goes:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/Xquartz-1.3.0-apple16.bz2

You need to install the 2.2.0.1 package first:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/X11-2.2.0.1.pkg

There are still a couple issues I know are unrelated, but on the
whole, this should be a big stability win for us.

Thanks to Ajax for helping us out here.  XDC FTW!