[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc3

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Dec 7 14:00:14 PST 2008

On Dec 7, 2008, at 13:55, Andrew Farmer wrote:

> I'm seeing some weird keyboard-related issues... I'm still
> constantly getting the two messages
>
>    DarwinPressModifierKey bad keycode: key=7
>    DarwinPressModifierKey bad keycode: key=5

Yeah, it looks like some keypress combinations aren't reported in the
keymap.  If you could figure out what combination triggers those, it'd
be a big help... From what I've seen, they're mostly innocent.

> in the console, along with one new one:
>
>    mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.

With 2.3.2_rc3?  Ugg.  This should be fixed now.

> The real issue, though, is that I'm now seeing keys "sticking" again
> under certain circumstances. A test case is:
>
>  * From a terminal in X11, play a video using mplayer. ("mplayer
> video.avi")
>  * Press 'q' to stop the video.
>
> The terminal starts getting fed a bunch of newlines until another
> key is pressed.

I don't see this... hmm...

What do you mean by "again"?