[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc4

Jamie Kennea jamie at pompey.org
Thu Dec 18 16:42:42 PST 2008

On 18 Dec 2008, at 6:08 pm, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> Personally, I think anyone who wants to change their shell can also
> edit a ~/.x11run file to setup their shell's environment for X11.app.

This is a rather poor assumption. As I mentioned earlier most of my
users inherited their shell choice from many years and systems ago,
and it probably wasn't even their choice in the first place but rather
the choice of the sysadmin at the time. I have users who have been
using the same login defaults for 10 years, pre-dating Mac OS X.
Although we now run our login server using an XServe, the original
user data was ported in from an old Solaris system running YP.

Cheers,

Jamie