[Xquartz-dev] Cannot enter full screen mode

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Fri Dec 19 12:59:10 PST 2008

I don't know if it helps or not, but you can sort of accomplish this
now (a "full-screen" X11 session on just one display) with xnest or
Xephyr.

I use this for things like the Gimp that work best with click-through
(or FFM) enabled. The 1280x1000 fits my 1280x1024 second display
exactly (the other 24 vertical is the Xephyr window's titlebar):

$ cat ~/bin/fullX
#!/bin/sh
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xephyr :1 -screen 1280x1000 &
sleep 1
DISPLAY=:1 xterm &
DISPLAY=:1 pwm &

- Brian

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Jeremy Huddleston
jeremyhu-at-apple.com |Xquartz-dev/personal|