[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Dec 24 10:18:00 PST 2008

On Dec 24, 2008, at 05:27, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 23.12.2008 um 23:55 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:
>
>> Really?  Unfortunately I don't have my Tiger box here to test cmd-
>> alt-
>> t... How is this implemented?  Is it a menu item?
>
> Yes:        (xkill, xkill, "\\U2020")

Then you can add that to the Applications menu for the newer server
the exact same way.

> Does it mean that in full-screen mode X11 has a leak through which
> key codes can "escape?" I thought that only three (copy, paste,
> toggle X11/Quartz), maybe also cut, are in effect.

In fullscreen, "we" don't do anything inside X11.app to restrict key
equivalents.  We simply activate fullscreen mode, and that trigers
rules in OSX that determine which key sequences "escape" from
Appkit... we
just use the same rules to determine if we should pass a key sequence
to X11 or AppKit.

Look around line 280:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/tree/hw/xquartz/X11Application.m?id=xorg-server-1.4-apple