[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Sun Dec 28 03:02:08 PST 2008

Am 27.12.2008 um 16:00 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Using XQuartz 2.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple29) the rectangles bug
> seems to have vanished. My GNU Emacs 23.0.60, without being updated,
> re-compiled, and re-installed, also does not show the prompt bug.

The prompt bug still exists. And it's spreading out. In *one*
Terminal window (small, reduced font size) it also exists. In
Terminal's tcsh prompt is defined as:

	set prompt = "%{\033[43;34m%}%B%n ! /\\ %b"

inside GNU Emacs' *shell* buffer it's defined as

	set prompt = "%n ! /\\ "

and GNU Emacs takes care of colourisation. For root it is defined as

	set prompt	 = "`echo $user` ! /\\ "

Another effect, which is particularly visible in root's GNU Emacs
23.0.60, is that when a process (compilation, recursive ls or find)
produces lots of output and the cursor is put at the (momentary) end
of output, new output does not push the prompt forward, instead the
prompt is left where it landed.

--
Greetings

   Pete