[Xquartz-dev] Clipboard problem

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 5 12:30:55 PST 2009

Enrique Terrazas wrote:
[]

>>> XQuartz 2.3.3 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple31) ... just upgraded to the
>>> latest.  No, alt-click doesn't work either.

Do you have "Emulate three button mouse" activated in the X11
Preferences? Without this, you won't be able to paste into xterm.

> Interesting thought ... I logged in (fast user switching) as another
> existing user, and got the same results.  I created another user, logged
> in, and same results.  I can copy xterm -> TextEdit, but not TextEdit ->
> xterm, and not xterm -> xterm.  Even though the Edit menu doesn't change
> to include a "Paste" menu item when copying something in xterm, trying
> to paste something (command-v) copied from TextEdit results in an a "ö"
> character with the new user (didn't see that with my regular login).

cmd-v won't work in xterm (and never has, AFAIK). Also, there is no
"paste" item in the Edit menu. You *must* use middle-click to paste into
xterm. I don't think there is a keyboard method to do it.

--
Martin