[Xquartz-dev] Clipboard problem

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Jan 5 15:55:33 PST 2009

On 05Jan2009 21:30, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Do you have "Emulate three button mouse" activated in the X11
> Preferences? Without this, you won't be able to paste into xterm.
[...]
> cmd-v won't work in xterm (and never has, AFAIK). Also, there is no
> "paste" item in the Edit menu. You *must* use middle-click to paste into
> xterm. I don't think there is a keyboard method to do it.

Several terminals support Shift-Insert for paste, and it's my preferred
method; haven't tried it with xterm (I'm an rxvt-unicode guy myself).

Of course, the Mac has no Insert key and I haven't yet got to trying xmodmap
fu to give it one  - I'm thinking about using repurposing Shift-Return if
that's possible. (This might be stupid; in a former life I fled from Konsole
to Gnome-Terminal because I have a bad habit of pressing Shift-Return instead
of Return by accident, and Konsole ignored that...)

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value.   Who would pay
for a message sent to nobody in particular?
      --David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for
        investment in  the radio in the 1920s.