[Xquartz-dev] drop down list - wacom bug

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Nov 16 22:48:49 PST 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 09:01, Christof Wolf wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
>> Does this happen with the 2.3.4 SnowLeopard version (you'll need to disable
>> the org.macosforge.xquartz.startx LaunchAgent to use the SL X11.app in
>> 10.6.2)?
>
> I could not test this - if I nuke off XQuartz and start X11 nothing happens.

Open Terminal.app and run 'echo $DISPLAY' ... if it has 'org.macosforge.xquartz' in the output, then you did not disable the org.macosforge.xquartz.startx LaunchAgent.  You need to disable that LaunchAgent if you want to use X11.app in SnowLeopard after installing the beta.

>> Does this happen with the 1.6.x server from 2.4.1_beta1?
>
> No, everything is back to normal.

So it's just 1.7.x ... ? odd...

>> Are you able to select the dropdown with a normal mouse?
>
> yes, no problem, even the mouse, which comes with the graphic tablet works
> fine, only the pen causes the problem. I use a intuos 2 tablet (A5)

strange... are you able to reproduce it any other way (simpler test cases?)

Are your kde apps local apps or remote?  (can you reproduce it running kmail over ssh on a linux box, so I don't need to build it on osx?)

> I have another intuos 3 tablet - which I cannot test, because since 10.6.2 it
> is not longer recognized on the USB port, grrr, not sure on which side to
> look at. I wrote wacom already, anybody special at the apple support? - if
> you know somebody :-)

/shrug, sorry...

I'd file a bug report at http://bugreport.apple.com and also bug the Wacom guys.