[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.1_alpha2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Oct 12 23:15:23 PDT 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 21:49, Andrew Farmer wrote:

> On 12 Oct 2009, at 16:34, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> I just pushed out a second alpha for 2.4.1.  This pulls in all the
>> work done at XDC including some fixes for some graphical issues
>> (the "borders" problem), some keymapping issues, scrolling event
>> problems, and many others.
>
> zsh% /opt/X11/bin/xterm
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
>  Referenced from: /opt/X11/bin/xterm
>  Reason: Incompatible library version: xterm requires version 6.0.0
> or later, but libfontconfig.1.dylib provides version 5.0.0
> zsh: trace trap  xterm

hrm... looks like my attempt to purge the old libs/protos failed for
the apps... some are finding /usr/X11 for the "missing" deprecated
protocols and linking against those... ugg...

These are the affected binaries:
xdpyinfo
xset
xterm

And these are affected too, but they should be punted:
xtrapchar
xtrapin
xtrapinfo
xtrapout
xtrapproto
xtrapreset
xtrapstats

> Also, as soon as I switch back to X11 after switching away, keyboard
> and mouse events are no longer delivered (confirmed with xev).

You're going to need to be a bit more investigative about that... I
can't reproduce, and that seems quite odd...