[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.1_alpha2

Andrew Farmer andfarm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 23:31:17 PDT 2009

On 12 Oct 2009, at 23:15, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> Also, as soon as I switch back to X11 after switching away,
>> keyboard and mouse events are no longer delivered (confirmed with
>> xev).
>
> You're going to need to be a bit more investigative about that... I
> can't reproduce, and that seems quite odd...

Hard to tell what's going on. Switching back to X11 by any method I've
tried triggers the bug, and, once I do so:

- Keyboard and mouse events are no longer delivered.

- quartz-wm decorations are completely unresponsive.

- New X clients can still be launched.

- xev still gets FocusIn / FocusOut / Expose / ConfigureNotify / (etc)
events, but nothing from the keyboard or mouse.

- Weirdly, cycling, minimizing, and closing windows from the menu bar
still works, as does moving windows to the front via Expose.

More importantly, this behavior seems to be localized to XQuartz.app.
Replacing it with an older copy is sufficient to solve the problem.