[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.0_beta2

Jean-Francois Sygnet jfs00 at sygnet.info
Sat Feb 6 12:12:45 PST 2010

Hi

You may be aware of the info below, or not:

On my macbookpro1,1 running 10.6.2 and 2.5.0_beta2,
(and no ~/.* files :-) there seem to be a problem
involving CAPS-LOCK and the top (US) keyboard row:

In any xterm or xedit or emacs or xev ...

Top Row (xev state 0x0):
`1234567890-=

Top Row + SHIFT (xev state 0x1):

Top Row + CAPS-LOCK (xev state 0x2):

Top Row + CAPS-LOCK + SHIFT (xev state 0x3):
`1233456&*9)_=

looks like only keys 7, 8, 0, and -
behave properly.

Am I the only one with this odd behavior ?

JF Sygnet