[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz-2.6.0_alpha1 (SL Only)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Jul 30 17:23:58 PDT 2010

I just uploaded 2.6.0_alpha1 for testing.

Firstly, this release was built using a recent trunk of llvm-clang rather than the current XCode.  I intend to use that compiler to build our alphas and betas and will switch back to the stable XCode toolchain for rcs and final releases.

The main changes in 2.6.0_alpha 1 are the jump to the 1.9 server (currently 1.8.99.905) with the addition of initial support for RandR.  RandR support will be maturing over the next few months, but it is at a fairly usable state.  Please report any issues that come up.

Additionally, 2.6.0_alpha1 includes the fixes that I intend to ship in 2.5.3 next week:
 * properly cleaning up /tmp
 * addressing AIGLX regressions
 * xmore-1.0.2
 * xrandr-1.3.3

You can get it by checking for updates in XQuartz.  If it say's you're on the latest release, you'll need to change to the beta update stream:
defaults write org.macosforge.xquartz.X11 SUFeedURL http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/sparkle/beta.xml

Or you can just grab it here:
http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.6.0_alpha1.dmg

Thanks,