[Xquartz-dev] Window focus issues on non-quartz wm

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 17 16:30:37 PDT 2010

Am 17.03.2010 um 15:00 schrieb Dave Ray:

> If I'm in another OS-X app and I activate X11 by clicking on one of
> the X11 windows, X11 comes to the front, and the window I click on
> accepts keyboard input, but all the X11 windows remain behind the non-
> X11 windows. Perhaps that is normal for X11 windows that I didn't
> click on. Definitely odd for the window I clicked on.

I have a similiar experience with Blackbox WM on Leopard, PPC, in one
Space and with XQuartz 2.5.0 (xorg-server 1.7.99.901) from MacPorts as
well. It happens that windows from Console, Terminal, or Emacs.app
come into the front. Then I can click (select) an X11 client. It gains
focus and input goes to it, but it stays obscured by an Aqua client. I
have to click the X11 icon in dock to put all the X clients in the
foreground or change to a another space and return. IMO clicking the
X11 icon in dock or changing space must not be necessary.

The new XQuartz 2.5.0_rc1 (xorg-server 1.7.5) shows the same
behaviour. It also produces this message:

	/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi: failed to write cache

--
Greetings

   Pete

Well begun is half done.