[Xquartz-dev] molmol vs Lion

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Mon Aug 15 10:10:19 PDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 09:55:24AM -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> Then that is certainly not a bug in X11.  Please report this to the molmol developers.

Jeremy,
   This really looks like an Xquartz bug rather than an issue with molmol itself. I did a test build
of molmol of under x86_64 Fedora 15 and it doesn't have any problems executing...

  $MOLMOLHOME/molmol.$arch $xopt < /dev/null

under libX11-devel-1.4.3, xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.10.3, etc. The build of molmol under linux is
pretty much identical to that under darwin.
                                   Jack
ps The fact that this issue occurs on Lion when running molomol from a fink /sw tree built under
SL (as well as fresh bootstrap of fink or macports under Lion) suggests that the problem is in
the xorg libraries or xserver.