[Xquartz-dev] launchd problem affecting DISPLAY setting

John Hanks john.hanks at usu.edu
Mon Nov 12 09:05:12 PST 2012

Some more information, on teh *broken* system,  the X11 log contains:

X11.app: main(): argc=2
argv[0] = /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS/X11.bin
argv[1] = -psn_0_110619
Waiting for startup parameters via Mach IPC.
X11.app: No launchd socket handed off, unsetting DISPLAY
X11.app: do_start_x11_server(): argc=6
argv[0] = /opt/X11/bin/Xquartz
argv[1] = :0
argv[2] = -nolisten
argv[3] = tcp
argv[4] = -auth
argv[5] = /Users/griznog/.serverauth.524
[4115098.637] Xquartz starting:
[4115098.637] X.Org X Server 1.13.0
[4115098.637] Build Date: 20120927

On the *working* system, the X11 log contains:

X11.app: main(): argc=2
argv[0] = /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS/X11.bin
argv[1] = --listenonly
Waiting for startup parameters via Mach IPC.
X11.app: Listening on socket for fd handoff:  (6) /var/tmp/tmp.0.yu6h0g
X11.app: Thread created for handoff.  Returning success to tell caller to
connect and push the fd.
X11.app Handing off fd to server thread via DarwinListenOnOpenFD(8)
DarwinListenOnOpenFD: 8
X11.app: do_start_x11_server(): argc=6
argv[0] = /opt/X11/bin/Xquartz
argv[1] = :0
argv[2] = -nolisten
argv[3] = tcp
argv[4] = -auth
argv[5] = /Users/griznog/.serverauth.72224
[2923013.589] Xquartz starting:
[2923013.589] X.Org X Server 1.13.0
[2923013.589] Build Date: 20120927

Thanks,