[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.8.0_rc3

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Fri Mar 12 10:29:32 PST 2021

> Am 12.3.2021 um 06:58 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at apple.com>:
>
> I've pushed out another release candidate for 2.8.0 (https://www.xquartz.org/releases/XQuartz-2.8.0_rc3.html)

Despite the problems with automatic update this candidate works very well. Initial working directory is the home directory, when I quit the still working GNU Emacs 28.0.50 from MacPorts no characters are sent to the surviving clients. When quitting the Quit button is activated. And it's both, X11 and Quartz, that behave so and equally.

I found, besides the missing Cairo, one possible flaw: I edited the preferences files for X11 and XQuartz,  org.macports.X11.plist resp. org.xquartz.X11.plist. When I launched any of these X servers the first time the additions and corrections to the Applications menu were not visible. So I checked that I did save my changes, and they were. Then I launched both again – and the new/corrected entries were there.

--
Greetings

  Pete

If it does exist, it's out of date.